February 15, 2010

Romance


Romance
Originally uploaded by oreospapa
We had an assignment in Advanced Digital photography to do a concept shot for "Romance". That was the only direction we were given, but we were told that it would be a chance to develop our personal photography styles a bit more.

When I asked in a different lesson about what we shoot if we're not sure what our personal style is, the teacher said that I did very well shooting portraits n black backgrounds. I Guess the black background is my style for now, but I want to expand it, make it more than a background. For instance, I need to get better at controlling depth of field, colors, amount and direction of light, and getting clearer pictures in my mind of what I want to do before starting to shoot. I think this picture was good practice for all of those things. It's not exactly what I'd pictured, but I guess it will do.

I also thought about using this one on the left, but decided on the one where Erin and I are actually holding hands. I kind of like this one because it looks like either the moment before we hold hands or the moment we let go and there's more tension there. I also like the idea of the rings shining together and having the circle of light around them.

No comments: