February 07, 2010

And baby makes six

Surprise! Erin is due to have our fourth child on October 6th. We told the grandparents tonight and had to tell our Employers right after we found out last weekend (with the baby due so close to the go-live date of our new software, my boss had to know as soon as we did.)

We're a little nervous about announcing it this early in the pregnancy, but both Erin and I have a hard time keeping exciting news to ourselves.

To tell her parents, we made Erin a shirt that Says "Mommy" on the chest and "Baby" on the tummy and waited to see if anyone noticed. We had been there two or more hours when I finally said "Grandma, what do you think of Erin's shirt?"

Erin's mom said "I hadn't noticed it."
I said "Maybe you better take a look."
She looked up, kind of smiled and said "Another one!?" :)

We told my parents creatively too. They have a wall in their bedroom with a 5x7 picture of each of the 26 grandkids. On the way to Erin's parents' house for dinner, we stopped by "just to say hi" and I snuck down the hall and put this on the wall in the correct spot:



We still haven't heard from Grandma and Grandpa Nielson, so I assume they haven't seen it yet. Should be fun to get their call when they do.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I hope Erin is feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am still trying to get talked into a second. Congrats!

Kristin said...

I am so happy for you! I can't believe your parents haven't noticed yet-you'll have to post when they do. All my best to you and Erin.

juli said...

Well, I came in to shut down the computer before going to bed and I read about it here. I haven't been down to the bedroom since I changed clothes after church about 12:30. Sorry we didn't notice but it doesn't make the little one any less special. Just makes the grandparents a little slower.

Mark said...

Mom- It's totally fine. Thanks for the call last night. I was excited to talk to you about it even if I seemed a little out of it. :)

Heidi - Thanks!

Kirsten - They're lots of fun, but the second one almost seems like a bigger change than the first sometimes.

Kristen - Thanks!

Susan G. said...

Wow..here I am struggling with number 2 and you're cooking number 4!! Congrats!@!

Haley said...

Congrats!

Erin said...

Thank you everyone. Yes I am still doing ok. I woke up this morning more tired than I was when I went to bed, had my first reunion with the potty, and am a little dizzy. So things are progressing just as they should.
Susie- don't worry. It does get better. I still have yet to see my new niece but I am glad that you are both well. :)