June 29, 2009

Learning photography and Photoshop


I like the texture on this rock across the sidewalk from my place. The random Cracks are interesting.

I added red to this picture to try to get it close to what the flower actually looks like. Still didn't succeed, but at least it's pretty.

"Last Man Standing". It's kind of sad to see the flowers Around our house shrivel and die. The one guy in the middle here seems to be thriving, though.

the pink against the Muted background creates a nice focal point. Rather than enhance the pink, I played with the color of the background instead.

I'm still learning how to play with color like I'd like. The purple in the flower looks close, but the blue is still too light. I like how the purple looks like a butterfly too.

This one's interesting to look at since you can still sense the beauty that it once had while it fades. Kind of the "Beginning of the End" and somewhat symbolic, though I'm not sure what it's symbolic of.

2 comments:

Susan G. said...

fun photos and I am impressed with your flower photos. Your kids are growing up fast......be sure to notice, it happens while you are doing other things. Looks like Lagood was a fun day and well documented too. ph by the way this is Mom on Susans account. She wanted me to see the cute photos. thanks to her.

Mark said...

Thanks! I'm glad you got to see them. :)