October 18, 2009

Well, the wooden Grow box failed 2 leak tests so That idea was scrapped. In order to make that work I'd probably have to coat the box (inside and out) in half an inch of silicone. I went back to trying to make a sterilite bin work. This time I drilled the 3 holes in the bottom, but the middle hole splintered so I upped that plumbing to 1 1/4 inch and caulked like crazy to try to fill the holes. then I tried to caulk again this morning. We'll take a look tonight and see if it's ready for a water test. I sure hope this works.

On the good side, though, The tank water is clearing. we can see the plants at the back wall more easily now, though the water is still a bit green and cloudy. Hopefully it will be clear soon. And, as a bonus, we don't seem to have lost any fish through this process!

2 comments:

Channynba said...

I didn't know you blogged. I love reading blogs.

Mark said...

I try to blog. I do it pretty inconsistently and don't write as well as some of the blogs that I read, but it's fun to write entries and then look back at them years later and think "Wow, I really felt that way?" or "Wow, that's funny that I thought it would work like that!" or whatever. :)

It's good to know that other people are reading too. Thanks for comment!